Sunday 7 August 2016

Halfway PET Scan: The Results

It's been a while since I've updated this blog, and nearly all of you will have heard the news. But to anyone who hasn't, this blog post is for you! The results of my halfway PET scan. Sorry for the delay, but things have been so hectic recently that I haven't had much of a chance to write.

I received a call on the 3rd of July from my consultant, who gave me the news. Some of the details are kind of fuzzy, because I was so excited that I couldn't take everything in! That's right, the news was good. Great, actually.

All my tumours have melted away and shrunk. They're not gone, and I'm not out of the woods yet, but they're nearly there. Isn't that exciting? Even my largest tumour, which was 12cm in diameter, has melted away. My improvement is "profound" and "remarkable", according to my PET results.
I will be continuing with chemotherapy (R-CHOP and IT) to kill off any cells, as well as radiotherapy, too. I am so thrilled with the news, I can't believe it.

On Tuesday the 9th, I get my first PICC line put in. Then, on Friday the 12th, I get my fourth dose of chemotherapy! I'm nearly there, and that makes me so happy.

I am keeping this entry short because the news is so overwhelming for me - but I promise, it won't be long before my next entry. A few days, at most.

I hope everyone is keeping well! Stay safe.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Lana,
    I've been following your process over here.I'm very happy for you,not only for the last news but also for your strength,your ability to fight against everything and your passion.
    I send you a big hug from Spain and a piece of my heart to help you while I'm away.
    Take care and keep us updated XOXO Susana

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to read this! Been following your progress and looking forward to doing your henna when you're feeling up to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing news! I’m happy for you. It sounds like the end of all of this is near for you and you have good things to look forward to. I wish you well with your fourth dose of chemotherapy. Be sure to keep us all updated on the next steps in your journey.

    Kacey @ Glendale MRI

    ReplyDelete