Wednesday 13 July 2016

Come to Me

I'm back in hospital - again. Another infection. I was admitted today with a fever of 38.4C, and while my white blood cells are at a good level, I need to be kept in for a day or two. I feel absolutely fine, and am currently just sitting around, in a bit of a bad mood. Oh well.
I haven't updated this blog in six days, and really, I don't have an excuse besides I just haven't felt up to it. I haven't been in the mood to write, and I won't put myself under pressure with this blog.

My current bad mood is the inspiration for this entry - I don't know why I'm in a bad mood. Maybe because of my admission, but I think it's just one-of-those-days. But it got me thinking about how it's hard to always stay positive - and it's okay to open up and say to someone, "I'm feeling a bit down, today."

A question I'm constantly asked is "how do you remain so positive?" and honestly, I have just as many bad days as anyone else. I have my ups and my downs - but how I stay positive on the bad days, is by talking to someone about it. Self care is important, and I try to do that, too. But what keeps me upbeat and what keeps me looking forwards is the support I gain from others. And, at the end of the day, that's a good thing. It's good that I can open up to others - and I want everyone to know, it's okay for you to open up, too.

Positivity doesn't just happen, but sometimes it's easier than others. Sometimes it's forced, sometimes it shines out of you without you even realizing. But it takes work, effort even - and sometimes, upholding that is too hard. And that's okay.

It's okay to not be able to be positive all the time. It's okay not to be able to smile and say, "It could be worse!". It's okay to depend on someone, and this entry is mainly about the following point.

If you are having a bad day, and you think there is nobody there for you to talk to, come to me. Come to me on Facebook or wherever you have me as a contact. If you need to vent, I'm here. Nobody can be positive all the time - and nobody needs to be, either. Your problems will not burden me, and I can be there for you to vent to if you need it. Because we all have bad days - but we don't all have someone there to really support us when we need it.

This is a short entry, yes; I'm sorry, but my right arm is hooked up to an IV and I can't bend it, so typing is quite difficult. I just wanted to get something meaningful up here -and this is probably the most important thing I will post.

I am here for you, whenever you may need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment