Saturday 20 August 2016

What Lies Ahead

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

It's true - big adventures await me, even if everything has been put on hold because of my diagnosis. Even now, as I go through treatment, it's one big adventure - maybe one I wouldn't have chosen, myself, but one that I am learning to work with. The greatest adventures always lie ahead, be they big or small - something good can be found in everything.
It's funny that a few months ago, I would have been expecting to go back to school in only a matter of weeks. Now, I don't know what's happening - I don't know what to expect. That's okay, I suppose, but a bit nerve wracking. My adventures have been put on hold - moving abroad, studying, everything has clicked pause.

But I am not held back in my adventures!

Sure, I wouldn't choose to get sick and have to undergo treatment. I wouldn't wish it on myself, or anyone else - But it's happening, so I just have to make the best of it. It's just another adventure to overcome. And when I do overcome it, I'll be ready for my bigger, better adventures - travelling!

I want to remind everyone that life will get in the way. It will screw up our plans, throw curveballs at us and make us click pause, even when we don't want to. It will - there's no two ways about that. But we don't have to let that get us down. If there is one thing I've learned in all of this, it is that life will work itself out. Everything happens for a reason - whether you believe in a higher entity or not, that's your choice and I respect that. But I have never had anything happen in my life that happened without a reason behind it.

I also want to remind everyone that, although these curveballs can disappoint us, or leave us feeling lost or overwhelmed - Nothing is permanent unless you want it to be. If you don't like something, change it. Look to the future - not the present. Look for happiness in everything and you will find it. 
Life is beautifully strange. It might give us an awful hand, but it gives us tactics and skills to make the best of it all - And I think that's something we all have within ourselves. Life doesn't have to get in the way of things - You just have to look past the bump in the road to get to the higher ground.

For some, this post might really hit home - for others, it may just be rambles. I don't know, but for me it really means something. I want everyone to remember that life is what you make it and cancer cannot stand in the way of me. I hope it won't stand in the way of anyone else, too.

Make the best of your life. Kick ass. Be the best version of you that you can possibly be. 
Not all adventures are chosen, but they're all valuable.

Love and good vibes,
Lana

1 comment:

  1. This is probably the most inspiring thing I have ever read, and I am sure that for many others including myself, is exactly a reminder we all need!!! <3

    ReplyDelete