Tuesday 29 November 2016

Dreams

For the past six months I have been hospitalized on and off, constantly battling something inside me; cancer. I need something to keep me grounded during all this, and the one thing I've been thinking of are my dreams.

My question for you is: Should you chase your dreams, even if it means risking everything in the process?

My dreams have been constant in my life, but as I start to make serious plans they have changed.

I want to live in Iceland. 
No, Norway.
With my best friend.
Alone, maybe.
School in the UK.
No. School in Norway.
...Where do I go from here?

I have been thinking long and hard. I wonder sometimes if chasing your dreams is really worth it.
But after fighting cancer, I have realised something; You can only see as far as you think, and if you never try you'll never know.

I am going to chase my dreams - Even if that means I'm risking it all.
I might end up miserable, or penniless. But I also might end up happy, and living a life that makes me smile. A life I'm happy to wake up to every day.

I am determined to make this work.
What do you think? Should you risk is all to make yourself happy?

Comment below and let me know. I need something to keep me distracted while I'm on fluids for my methotrexate. Expect updates over the next few days.

Lana.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment