Wednesday 28 September 2016

Celebration

"The more difficult it is to reach your destination, the more you'll remember the journey."

I have been so incredibly disorganised lately, and I apologise to you all in advance for the delays in posting. Life just has a way of interfering (not always in a bad way, though). 

On September 23rd I had my last R-CHOP chemotherapy and on September 26th I officially ended that portion of my treatment as I had my last intrathecal. I am now starting radiotherapy and after that, intravenous methotrexate. It's a big day for me and, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm going to celebrate!

So what has the hardest part been about my treatment? What has been the most scary?
I have to say, it's the fear of the unknown - not knowing what you're going into, what everything entails, and what to expect. I've had biopsies, scans, transfusions, intrathecals.. Just to name a few. And it's been scary! But the doctors, nurses, and all the staff at the hospital have made everything so much easier and I could not be more grateful. They provided all the support I needed, helped me through the hard times, the fears, and the worries.

What's next for you, now?
I am currently in the period between my chemotherapy finishing and my radiotherapy starting - so for the moment I am taking things one day at a time and relaxing. Then, in about three weeks time, I will be starting radio. They're giving me fifteen cycles over the course of three weeks. After that, they'll give me another short break before I get my chemotherapy again (which will be given as an inpatient).

Now, I don't normally reply to comments on my posts because there are so many - But this post is the exception. If you have any questions, about me, my diagnosis, my journey, my fears, whatever; write them below and I will get back to you. 

I don't know what you want to hear me talk about - losing your hair, eyebrows, sympathy, stigma - so please come forwards with questions if there's anything on your mind.

Much love, Lana. 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment